Saturday, September 11, 2010

"Hey, its okay"

I am a firstborn, a wife, a mother and a perfectionist. In a nutshell, I have a lot of guilt...lots. And I have lots of opinions as well. Lots. (ask around, its undeniable) One thing that I wish I had the energy to be guilty about is reading Glamour. But I dont. I need to know what is going on with Justin Beiber (who else knew that "Baby, Baby" was sung by a BOY???), what fashions are going down on Rodeo Drive (because truthfully, behind my black flip flop collection I have many pair of Jimmy Choo shoes...no, I don't know who he is either.) And really, being as conservative as I am, I just need another source in which to bring up new opinions about life. That part is partially true.

So while I neither wear Jimmy Choo shoes (who IS that???), listen to little boys sing soprano or hold back from questioning the way others do things, I do often feel guilty. Thankfully, my God covers my guilt and opinions with Grace, but sometimes I just have to laugh at myself. And Glamour has a running article called "Hey, its okay" in which other ladies (probably first born mothers like myself) can write in on something that was done that they are choosing to laugh at themselves for...and hopefully feel a little less guilty about.

Here's hoping. I am going to do this about 1x a week. (Or every day when life gets a little too much.) Feel free to post your own "Hey, Its Okay" and I promise not to judge you...but I may feel guilty right along with you, friends.

So...Hey, it's okay:



*to deliberate for a minute about taking your daughter to the ER when your older daughter beans her in the head with a piece of brick, because you have already been at the hospital 3 times that week



*to think that rompers belong on my 5 year old not the college chicks around town


*to sit outside and drink a beer instead of doing the dishes


*to wonder just why Rod Stewart is having a 7th child at 65 years old???

2 comments:

  1. Lol! I love it! Ok, here's to my two girls thinking it is hilarious to kungfu while I wonder how in the world that this is alright for a "good" :) mommy to allow in the house??? MMA anyone, I got two serious fireballs! Anyway, thanks for the posting you guilt-ridden mother of two...
    xo, mj

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! from a fellow guilt-ridden mom, I appreciate this :)

    ReplyDelete