Susanna came home today so she could attend a school function with Linley tomorrow, but started feeling a bit under the weather before she left. Piper started running a fever after she left. Piper was supposed to get a platelet transfusion tonight, but she can not receive it while she has a fever. Please pray that she doesn't have another virus or infection and that the fever is just a bi product of her little body not having the ability to fight off illness. Her ANC yesterday was 50, which means she has nothing to fight off infection.
Side prayer request, the Dr.'s are holding off on Piper's chemo until her ANC comes up. This really makes Sus nervous. Both the CMV virus and the large amount of antibiotics keep her immune system suppressed and the Dr.'s feel like it would be insult to injury to continue her chemo at the same time because it would only further reduce her blood counts. Holding off on her chemo at this point in her treatment is less than ideal and that makes all of us nervous. Will get the results back from the CMV test and her UTI test tomorrow to see how well the antibiotics are working. Please pray that Piper's ANC comes up and she is not exposed to anything that could make her sick and delay her treatment further.
The good news is she is keeping all her feeds down and continuing to eat on her own without the NG tube bothering her throat.
We are still in isolation. Hopefully as she continues to improve we can get out of isolation and get out of dodge.
Thank you all for your continued prayer and support.
Chad & Sus