Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July 2010







4th of July came upon me very quickly this year. Everything in life happens in phases, seasons and stages, I have learned this to be true especially the last year. On the 4th of July last year I was 3 days overdue with my second daughter, Piper. I am one of those ladies who absolutely love to be pregnant and I also was already the mother of one fabulous daughter. I was comfortable to let Piper arrive in her own sweet time and only worried for Chad if she were to be born on the fourth of July. (Chad has a theory that everyone born on a holiday is "weird"...whatever that means. Obviously, it is a well thought out and in-depth theory)

So I enjoyed my 4th of July in style. Cooked out, visited with friends and family, played with Linley at the park and finished the night off with amazing small town fireworks. Somewhere in there I am sure it was mentioned just how different next year would be with Piper nearing 1 year old. Of course, little did I know just how different this year would be. Either way, 4th of July 2009 was one of confident dreams and although I am a little less confident of my dreams this year and I am immensely confident in my God and that more than comforts me.

So hopefully 4th of July 2011 is even better...perhaps then I will be able to have confident dreams AND a confident trust in God. :)

Meanwhile, check out these sweet girls from the holiday weekend.

2 comments:

  1. i like that..."although i am a little less confident of my dreams this year and i am immensely confident in my God.." wow! that is very well said! i am so thankful that I read you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an encouraging post dear woman! i love you so much, and continue to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete