Monday, October 18, 2010

two sweet fancy faces

At the risk of being hoity-toity, I have to confess that raising two healthy daughters is cake. Of course I rarely see both girls healthy but right now Piper is absolutely wonderful. Linley is always absolutely wonderful.

I have found that it obviously is a juggling act. Two schedules, two very different ages, two personalities, two types of health issues and two incredibly grand little fancy faces. I love it. I find great solace in watching Piper cuddle into my lap while Linley curls up next to my hip. Why anyone would ever chose to not raise children is beyond me...even with my life not happening quite the way I had it planned out.

I don't allow myself to worry about doing laundry every day, making perfect meals, getting Piper down for a nap or Linley taking a bath every night. Sometimes I lose my patience but I am now beyond certain that both my daughters completely get the idea that we all apologize when we make mistakes. And though Chad does not understand why I make the bed every morning (first thing out of it) it is because there is a very good chance that it will be the only organized thing in the house by noon.

I am okay with all of this as long as my girls are "healthy"...its the days when Pipers illness is obvious by her neediness or when Linley's inability to completely comprehend all of this shows in her attitude. That's when I struggle. But for today, I am rolling with two sweet little fancy faces who love their mommy a fraction of how much their mommy adores them. Isn't that the way it is supposed to be?

2 comments:

  1. So glad your girls are doing well right now! You are doing a great job of balancing it all... I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable. the days to cling to! love you sweet mama :)

    ReplyDelete